Self-Care “Enchantments” aka Life Coaching Tips for Wise Women
Why make self care a priority? If you don’t take care of yourself, how can you care for others most important to you? How can you truly enjoy your activities, how can you fully rest and rejuvenate?
But isn’t self care selfish? I often hear this from my coaching clients. No, I say emphatically, self care is self-less as it is truly the first step to living an inspired and fulfilling life!
Try out these self care, personal coaching tips:
Self Care Coaching Tips:
- Put yourself at the top of the priority list.
- Daily, check in and ask yourself, “What message is my body giving me? What activities/food/beverages/exercise does my body need more of? What does my body need less of?” Listen to and act on the messages.
- Develop your own self-care routine. Ask yourself, what do I need to do for myself on a daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual and annual basis to really take care of myself.
- Plan a “retreat day” or weekend and craft our ideal self-nourishing time.
- Make a list of all the areas in your life that are energy drains and start eliminating the energy leaks.
- Decide which people in your life energize you and which people drain you and spend most of your time with the “energizers”!
- Spend time every day in solitude, doing nothing, no reading, no music. Sit and appreciate your life and acknowledge yourself for all the great parts of you! You are a positively outrageous wise woman!
“In solitude we give passionate attention to our lives, to our memories, to the details around us.”
– Virginia Woolf
In your process of developing your self care routine, it may also be helpful to ask your self the following questions:
- What is my main focus for the season? Is there a theme/picture/song which typifies this focus?
- What do I need to release and let go of?
- How can I simplify my life?
- Do I feel blocked in any area of my life?
- Are my priorites in order?
- Do I live life by my values.
- Is my life reactive or proactive?
- How are my primary relationships?
- How is my physical health?
- In what areas does my life flow effortlessly?
Take time for personal inquiry and self-reflection. It helps to set aside a specific time each day to do this and to write down your answers, Many women like to have a special and beautiful journal your answers. If you feel you would benefit from support with this process, consider working with a life coach who will act as your cheerleader and partner in your personal development process.
In peace & mindfulness,
Zoey Ryan BSc., PCC
executive ~ leadership ~ life coach for wise women
life coaching to set your heart on fire and soothe your soul!
“Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?”
~ Mary Oliver from the poem A Summers Day